Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Exercising Your Rottweiler



A good exercise and play time routine will keep your rottweiler very happy and healthy. These dogs do require a good amount of exercise daily. The Rottweiler is a working dog breed so just lounging around all day at home doesn't cut it for them. They like to be useful and helpful. walking your rottweiler more than once a day is very beneficial to you and your dog. They need this attention and a strong relationship from you.

If you do not have a big yard for your dog, it's very important to walk them a couple of times a day even as they get older. This goes for many large dog breeds that require more exercise as they are prone to hip dysplasia and dog obesity. We have a Rottweiler that is 6 yrs. old and if she doesn't get her walk, she can get pretty frisky, more so than our other dogs.

Rottweiler's do have a tendency to put on weight if they are not exercised enough. If you are not an active person, it wouldn't be fair to get a Rottweiler. They are far from a couch potato and they crave the attention from their humans.

2 comments:

  1. First just let me say that I love this breed of dog. They are just beautiful and I would not have any other breed. Years ago I had three at one time and I LOVED IT. I have been out of work for a couple years nowe and I am hoping to be working soon. I can hardly wait until I am working again and the first thing that I will invest in is a Rottie puppy. I agree with you post about them needing their play time.

    ReplyDelete